Article Finder

Browse our vast collection of articles. Simply select a category on the left and find a list of related articles on the right.

Article Title

Back to Categories

Where to Go for an Alzheimer’s Diagnosis

July 29, 2010

Most people usually turn first to their primary physician. Going to a doctor you know, or who knows you or your affected loved one, can ease anxiety. In some cases, it may be prudent to request to be referred to a specialist in Alzheimer’s diagnosis, which might be a neurologist, or a geriatric psychiatrist. An Alzheimer’s diagnosis involves a team of doctors to make the evaluation. As the aging population has grown, many hospitals have geriatric departments whose staff are familiar with Alzheimer’s and can coordinate the diagnostic procedure.

You can find a specialist in your area using our Resource Locator. The Resource Locator lets you search for providers by name, state, city, or ZIP code from a list of more than 30 types of health care professionals and services.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


We consistently receive top awards and ratings for our accountability: